So, I drove across the country with my trusted adventure confidant, Manue, to move back to the East Coast and embrace the snow, wind, and change of seasons! Here are some of our highlights for your lovely eyeballs:
- Here’s our hotel door being drilled down at 7a.m by a grumpy maintenance man that smelled of stale cigarettes in Tuscon, AZ!
- Here’s the lovely views I viewed as Maroon 5′s “Pay Phone” was being played on the radio in all states at all times of the day (*not pictured: me pulling my hair out from hearing Maroon 5′s “Pay Phone” for the 100th time in one day)
- Here’s the random ‘Merica pictures we took at the Deming Luna County Mimbres Museum while getting lost looking for coffee in Deming, New Mexico. Good call on the Captain America attire, Manue!
- Here’s me devouring the delicious cajun pasta from Coop’s Place in New Orleans.
- Here’s a selfie I took of myself in an oversized bathrobe before a relaxing spa day because…well there’s no good reason other than because it seemed like a good idea at the time?!
- And lastly, here’s what we would have looked like as baller Neanderthals courtesy of the Museum of Natural History in D.C. Abnormal receding hairlines, womanstaches, a whole lotta nostrils, and lots of jaundice, but fairly decent eyebrows for myself so no complaining here!
I’m just now uploading pictures, so that’s all the wonderful gems I have for you now. I will slowly but surely get back to sharing my adventures with you. So, hold onto your butts!
My sister is in Brussels right now, so I’m eating Brussel Sprouts and bacon and dreaming of European adventures. That is all
Well, since I’ve finally finished the Hunger Games trilogy, I’ve moved on to something a bit more…lighthearted. After three books of death (And enjoyment! no Hunger Games hate here!), I thought it would be wise to take a break and hear what this funny lady has to say.
More importantly though, yes… that is a kickass shark bookmark I’m using. I tried to google the company that made it to give out a link for you to purchase one (You want it sooo bad, I can tell!), but it seems like they no longer exist. Boo. This is the closest I could find. You’re welcome, and happy reading.
Found this lovely sign on a side street off of Melrose one night and thought it was worthy of a giggle. Hope you do too! Happy Monday ya’ll.
Ohh the battle of East Vs. West is constant. Fierce competitors throwing punches left and right. Growing up in Massachusetts and now living in California, I’ve pretty much boiled down the battle to a few things (there’s an endless list, but for the sake of this argument I’ll be brief and stick to the most important):
That pretty much sums up everything Tupac vs. Biggie were saying (probably….errr definitely not). Moving on…..
1. First up is ice cream. Since moving to Cali, I’ve experienced a SERIOUS lack of good homemade ice cream joints, only chains! This place seems to be run by the frozen yogurt mafia (I’m not knocking this frozen delight, I’ve grown to like it). As a kid, fro yo was always just that thing you got as a treat at Costco because they didn’t have ice cream. This one’s a toss up, a real nail biter. I’ve grown to enjoy fro yo, but just miss some good old ice cream.
2. Secondly, I just finished doing my taxes, which led me on a rant about missing living right by the NH border where the sales tax is 0.00%. Let’s be honest, we all like saving $$. I miss traveling the 10 minutes across the border to buy cheap booze and expensive electronics (sketchy right!)
For some perspective:
3. Lastly, we have avocados. One of my favorite foods. They are ample and cheap and grow on trees in the west coast, and they are expensive and not so ample on the east coast. I think we have a clear winner…
To be continued.
Speaking of brussel sprouts, I just found this! Most things food related excite me and this is no exception.
Wowza! I’ve been doing some serious neglecting over here! I suppose I’ve been caught up watching endless episodes of Battlestar Galactica, reading The Hunger Games series (DORK!) and eating brussel sprouts. That’s right, I love brussel sprouts.
I’ve been thinking about blogging a lot as of late, but just always seem to come up blank. Feeling defeated from my lack of inspiration, I usually make my move in Words With Friends (challenge me yo!) and move on. Anyway, while sifting through old photos on my phone, I came across a gem that I thought I’d share.
Many months ago in a land far away (har har) I was on a walk while on a break from work with one of my co workers. All of a sudden our jaunt comes to a halt and a tiny squeaking noise coming from the ground. We look down and see this creature.
What IS that? Options considered: A lizard, a dog, an alien specimen that crawled of the set of Men in Black 3? No, it was just a baby squirrel. At one point it looked up at me and starting making a weird squeaking noise I could only take to mean “You are my mother now, care for me!” All I could think was about this book I read when I was a kid.
Well, that about sums it up! Until next time…